Senior Business Controller
The Energy Transition and push for decarbonization is transforming the landscape in our lives and industries. Electrification, decentralisation of production and consumption of electricity have major influence on how the energy sector operates.
At Energy21, we deliver energy data management solutions in order to support our clients in operationalising their sustainable energy strategies. With our energy expertise and digital capabilities we enable our clients to plan, steer and settle increasingly complex energy operations. We are an ambitious technology scale-up, consisting of 50 employees in Utrecht (Netherlands) and 20 in Portugal and Paraguay. We are entering a new, exciting phase, and looking for someone who’s ready to help move the company forward – who will join our ambition as we embark on our journey of growth.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Business Controller, who’s ready to lead our Finance & Control Team. You will report directly to the CFO. You will make sure we have solid finance operations. You and your team deliver timely reports and proactive advice to management in order to navigate our journey. As this is a newly created position, your input is required to shape the role.
What will you do
- Lead the Finance team
- Be a sparring partner for management
- Responsible for the Planning & Control cycle
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and improvements for financial & business processes
- Collaborate with teams to deliver business cases and performance reports
- Participate in commercial proposals, product initiatives and proposition improvements
We are looking for someone with
- A down-to-earth, self-starter with an academic background
- 5 to 8 years working experience in Business Control, Accountancy or Consultancy
- Analytical, result driven, and able to look at the bigger picture with attention to detail
- Data-driven, enthusiastic about BI tools (Power BI)
- A strong personality, combining social skills with persuasiveness
- Proficiency in English and Dutch language
What we offer
- The flexibility to shape this new role
- An inspiring work environment
- Personal development opportunities
- A competitive salary, 27 days annual leave, travel allowance
Sound like we’d be a good fit?
Great! Please send your resume and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Michiel Mollink (e: email@example.com m: +31 6 5332 4352).