Senior UX Designer
Are you an entrepreneurial and innovative UX designer with at least 3 years of UX and functional design experience? Energy21 is looking for you!
There is no market as dynamic as the energy market. We translate complex challenges and opportunities into transparent, coherent and intuitive software (as-a-service) for European energy companies and industry.
We seek a designer that isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Someone that dares to think outside the box. Maybe you made a career change a few years ago and have refreshing perspectives on the field of UX design, or you can offer us something else that is truly unique. If you think that’s you, we’d love to have a chat about this position.
A day in the life of an UX designer at Energy21
As an UX designer, your problem-solving capabilities are high. You use your inventive and user-centred approach to translate opportunities for clients into user experiences that flow as smoothly as your innovative ideas.
Your work days will be full of:
- User research, sketching, prototyping and rapid testing (and repeat).
- Interviews and surveys.
- Translating findings into user personas, journey maps, wireframes, user flows, mock-ups and prototypes for a wide variety of interfaces.
- Improving the user experience of our products.
- Designing and optimising the overall functionality and components of our products, while organising and designing a component library for consistency and efficiency.
- Collaborating with others in a dream team of designers and developers, in which you constantly defend the perspective of the user and challenge colleagues to internalise this perspective in their approach.
- Creating UX roadmaps, safeguarding the style guide and making sure that designs are consistent with application concepts.
- Thinking long-term is important. That’s why we want you to think about the long-term evolution of the experience within the web applications you work on.
You’re a dream candidate if you tick these boxes:
- You have at least 3 years of experience with UX, agile and functional design.
- If we’d call your friends and ask them to describe you in one word, they would say ‘empathetic’. You live and breathe the user perspective both internally and externally and you’re passionate about usability.
- You’re a source of inspiration and love to take the reins when it comes to UX design.
- You can clearly explain and justify all of your design decisions with an obsessive focus on the users’ needs.
- Working with B2B applications and enterprise software is your forte.
- You’re able to deal with people who might not be as forward-thinking as you. You have great social skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You speak fluent English and are based in the Netherlands.
- You’re available 4-5 days a week, meaning you will at least work 32 hours per week.
- Bonus: you love puns and can bring a great ‘energy’ to the team.
- You can start working in this position immediately.
What you’ll get in return for all your hard work
- A stimulating, challenging role with lots of freedom as you carry out your responsibilities.
- An enthusiastic and inspiring team of highly skilled colleagues to assist and support you.
- A salary that is in line with your experience and added value, plus employment terms and conditions that are in line with the market.
- An entrepreneurial environment in which you’ll learn something new every day.
- An environment that welcomes your biggest ideas – the sky is the limit!
This is where you’ll be working
We’ve been an established name in the energy market for 25 years, setting new standards. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as we scale up in a new, fresh direction (hence why we’re looking for you!).
Internally, we’re a friendly bunch of engineers, designers and IT professionals who are committed to doing great work. We don’t like hierarchies within the company – we prefer a flat organisation where everybody feels equally important. We’re driven by curiosity, we thrive on constructive feedback from one another, and we embrace our quirky culture.
You’d be joining a team of around 50 people in The Netherlands, but we also employ 20 developers in Portugal and Paraguay.
Location for this job: Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Sounds like we’d be a good fit?
Great! Please send your resume and motivational letter to Didi Dorssers – email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!