Are you an experienced software architect looking for a great technology scale-up challenge in the energy market? Energy21 has THE opportunity for you!
We provide leading international energy companies with IT data-management solutions. We’re in an ambitious, exciting new phase of our business, and we’re seeking a software architect who helps us to further develop our solutions based on solid architecture decisions. You will be joining a team of 50 in Utrecht (Netherlands) and 20 developers in Portugal and Paraguay.
If you have fresh ideas, a good grasp of new technologies, like to modernizing existing technology, and you’re motivated by the thought of being a change-maker within a successful scale-up company, we want you in our team! We offer a stimulating environment, and an enthusiastic and inspiring team of highly skilled colleagues that combine energy market and software expertise.
A day in the life of a software architect at Energy21
Each new day will be an opportunity to stretch the company, challenge the status quo and identify new and innovative possibilities. Your average day will include a stimulating variety of technical work and team-led collaboration with a diverse set of colleagues.
More specifically, you can expect your days to be full of:
- Design and safe-guard the architecture. Initiate R&D topics, assess them based on predefined criteria and make architectural decisions.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, and make practical plans that you can persuasively present to the team./li>
- Train and oversee the activities of the development team regarding software architecture and best practices.
- Maintain an overview of the ‘big picture’ and create a technology roadmap for the coming years./li>
- Follow the latest technologies and assess possible application within Energy21.
You’re a dream candidate if you tick these boxes
- University educated with at least 2 years of experience, or HBO (bachelor) educated with at least 4 years of experience as a software architect.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Natural leader. Taking decisions, delegating tasks and coaching others comes easily to you. You are able to persuade, present and communicate your creative ideas in a way that inspires others.
- Continuously learning, keeping up with software best practices.
- Committed to producing quality work and getting results.
- Professional experience with:
- Agile/Scrum software development
- Senior Backend position / familiar with architecture
- Intermediate Frontend position / familiar with architecture
- Large and complex data environments
- Kubernetes and/or container technology
- Large-scale, fragmented and complex microservice and event-driven software
- Designing secure software systems based on industry-specific specifications
- Thorough understanding of:
- Cloud technology, preferably Azure.
- Database systems using both SQL and NoSQL.
- Object-Oriented programming languages (preferably C#, C++, .NET 5), and web services such as REST.
What you’ll get in return for all your hard work
- A competitive salary and perks such as a mobility scheme.
- Personal development opportunities.
Sound like we’d be a good fit?
Great! Please send your resume and motivational letter to Didi Dorssers – Career@energy21.com. We look forward hearing from you!