Are you a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced software engineer with C#/. NET (Core) background? Are you eager to develop clean, high-performance code that facilitates and inspires the larger energy companies throughout Europe? Then join our team now!
Energy21 services international tier-1 energy and utility companies with the implementation and management of business processes and IT solutions. Our main product, EBASE, is a platform build using C++ that is used by companies to build their processes and business workflows on top of. It is mainly used to manage (energy) data and comply to the regulatory needs of the energy sector. As software engineer you work closely with a diverse range of clients with their own challenges. You will work in a team of professionals at Energy21 where input and feedback are highly valued, and diversity is respected and valued. Currently we employ around 50 people in The Netherlands, 10 developers in Portugal and another 10 in Paraguay.
About the job:
Our main product, EBASE, is a platform build using C++ that is used by companies within the energy-domain to build their processes and business workflows on top of. It is mainly used to facilitate the data and regulatory needs that come from doing business within this sector. Concretely, you can think about the following functions the platform provides:
- Gathering, storing, and aggregating timeseries in different granularities (60min, 15min, 1min or less);
- Communicating within other players such as regulatory agencies, national or regional grid operators and partners using (mainly XML and JSON) interfaces;
- Providing data in different cross-sections to various internal departments or IT systems (Kafka, forecasting tools, data lakes etc.).
- Main backend development is currently being done using C++ (Embarcadero) and some C# with .NET (Core) 3+;
- We currently support both Oracle and SQL Server but SQL Server is our technology of choice;
- We use GitLab and Octopus Deploy for CI/CD. Everything is hosted on Microsoft Azure.
What you will be doing:
Initially, you will be responsible for the technical design, development, and maintenance of our C# .NET Core API. Later on, you will work together with other programmers in converting (parts) of the platform towards C# micro-services with the help and by guidance of our existing C++ developers. In addition, you will work together with colleagues on initial phase of projects at various customers as part of our client teams.
- A few years of professional experience in working with C# / ASP.NET (Core);
- Experience with Docker, micro-services & Domain-Driven Design;
- You want to work closely with a multitude of different clients with various challenges;
- Strong communication skills (in English), both verbally and written;
- Able to translate abstract and technical terms to communicate with less technical colleagues, users & business owners.
Good to have:
- Understanding or experience with Azure;
- Experience with Git familiarity with clean coding.
What we offer:
- Responsibility and ownership;
- Nice office and colleagues in Utrecht but also the possibility to work in Lisbon & Paraguay from time-to-time;
- A competitive salary that matches your experience and attractive fringe benefits, such as reimbursement of travel expenses, internet and telephone allowance and a pension scheme:
- Salary between €3.500, – and €5.000, – depending on experience
- CYOD (choose your own device) for your laptop and an iPhone
- Possibility to lease your own a company car;
- 25 days of holiday (based on a 40-hour work week) and 2 scheduled free days;
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself; A pleasant and inspiring work environment for developing your skills.
Interested or want to know more?
Call Didi for more information about the procedure via +31(0)6 – 33 988 446, e-mail Vincent Smit (email@example.com) for questions about the role.
Interested? Please send your resume and motivation directly to Didi Dorssers: firstname.lastname@example.org